OTHER STATES

Haryana nod for change of land use in Corporation areas

Special Correspondent



Budget Session of the Assembly to be convened from February 6



CHANDIGARH: The Haryana Cabinet on Tuesday decided to convene the Budget Session of the State Assembly from February 6, 2009 and the Budget for the year 2009-10 would be presented on February 13, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda told the media persons after the meeting.

The Cabinet also approved the policy for grant of permission for change of land use in Municipal Corporation areas to allow sandwiched vacant land pockets of old rehabilitation schemes to be used as showrooms, professional establishments, nursing homes, clinics and petrol pumps with the prior permission of the competent authority.

It also decided that 25 per cent posts of Tehsil Welfare Officers (Group ‘C’) in Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Department would be filled up by promotion from among Accountant-cum-Clerks, Cashiers and Junior Scale Stenographers and the remaining 75 per cent by direct recruitment.

Mr. Hooda said it was also decided to exempt the owners of Cooperative Transport Societies buses from levy and payment of additional interest up to two per cent provided they had paid interest on outstanding amount of Passenger Tax within a month with effect from April 13, 2008 or paid within a month following the date of notification.

The Cabinet also accorded approval for forwarding the Code of Criminal Procedure (Haryana Amendment) Bill, 2008 to the Union Government to take the prior concurrence before introduction of the Bill in the State Legislature. The amendment in Section 167 and Section 273 of Criminal Panel Code is required to introduce system of Video Conferencing in Jails and Courts.

It also accorded approval for amendment in the Punjab Entertainment Duty Rules, 1956 to delete the requirement to wear uniform of all serving soldiers, sailors and airmen serving in the Indian Army as a condition for enjoying exemption from payment of Entertainment Duty.

Recommended for you