KERALA

Mushroom poisoning: six admitted to hospital

Staff Reporter

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Six people from a neighbourhood at Palode were admitted to the Medical College hospital with severe vomiting and diarrhoea on Wednesday evening after they consumed wild mushrooms that had been collected from the forest.

They have been identified as Thankamani (47), Indira (45), Suresh (35), Shiju (23), Vinu (22) and Sheeja (25). At least six incidents of mushroom poisonings have been reported at the MCH from various parts of the district since June when the rains began.

Recommended for you