Elephant electrocuted

PALAKKAD DEC. 4. A wild elephant was electrocuted at Thekkamukkiyur in Sholayur panchayat of Attappady today after it came into contact with an electric fencing put up by a farmer. Reports from Attappady said the cow elephant may have died due to the high voltage of current passed through the electric fencing directly from the main line. Farmers in Attappady have put up electric fencing round their farmsteads to save the crops from wild animals.

A postmortem examination of the elephant was done by the veterinary doctor of Agali Veterinary hospital.

Recommended for you