KERALA

Two suffer burns at substation

KOLLAM: Two persons suffered minor burns from electric shock at the 220-kV substation at Kundara late on Tuesday evening. They have been admitted to a private hospital here. Doctors said they were out of danger. The injured are Abdul Salam, sub-engineer, Kerala State Electricity Board, and a contract worker, Manoj. They were trying to replace a gadget at a feeder point. It is doubted that the gadget came into contact with a live connection. There was a small explosion with a flash. Colleagues rushed them to the hospital. — Staff Reporter