KARNATAKA

Three buses damaged in fire in KSRTC depot

Special Correspondent

A similar incident occurred there last week

BANGALORE: In the second such incident reported from the KSRTC’s second depot in Shanthinagar on Kengal Hanumanthaiya Road here, three buses were damaged in an accidental fire on Monday noon.

The police said that following a suspected short-circuit in the battery, fire broke out in a semi-luxury bus. The flames spread to two other buses that were parked next to it at the depot.

After the KSRTC employees tried in vain to extinguish the fire, three fire tenders rushed to the depot and put out the fire.

The three buses, including two luxury Rajahamsa buses, were parked at the depot after they were serviced on arrival from overnight trips. The Wilson Garden police, who have registered a case, ruled out foul play.

In a similar incident the previous Monday, a Rajahamsa bus was destroyed when fire broke out following a suspected short-circuit in the battery. Incidentally, both the incidents took place around the same time and at the same spot, the police said.

Recommended for you