ANDHRA PRADESH

Home guard ends life near DIG's house

HYDERABAD, NOV. 29. A home guard, Shershah Vali, 25, who went to the house of the DIG (Home Guards), C.S. Naidu, in Prashasannagar on Sunday night and reportedly consumed pesticide, died on Monday while undergoing treatment at Osmania General Hospital.

The Jubilee Hills have police registered a case of suspicious death under Section 174 of Criminal Procedure Code.According to them, Vali was removed from service three months ago for errant behaviour. He reportedly petitioned to higher-ups requesting for reinstatement.

Last night, he came to the DIG's house and rang up the bell. When an inmate of the house, Nanda, came out, Vali was found lying unconscious on the floor outside the door with a bottle of liquid pesticide beside him. The DIG's son, Sunil, who was at home, immediately alerted the local police.

Vali was shifted to the OGH. "We tried to record Vali's statement, but the doctors categorically stated that he was not in a position to depose evidence", the Jubilee Hills Inspector, Ramakrishnaiah, said. The police informed Vali's parents who live in Cudappah. Post-mortem would be done on Tuesday.

Recommended for you