ANDHRA PRADESH

Archer dies after consuming pesticide by mistake

VIJAYAWADA, NOV. 29. A national-level archer and student of the city's Maris Stella College, C. Volga, (17), who is said have accidentally consumed pesticide, died at a private hospital here on Monday morning. According to the SI of Machavaram police station, G. Srinivasa Rao, Volga had on Sunday afternoon consumed some pesticide at her house in Gunadala presuming it to be water. Her family members immediately rushed her to a private hospital where she succumbed on Monday morning. The body was handed over to the family after post-mortem.

Volga along with her younger brother, C. Lenin, had represented the district and the State at several State and national-level archery championships. Her father, C. Satyanarayana, who is the president of the District Archery Association, is also credited with grooming a number of prominent archers from the district.

The Krishna District Olympic Association chairman and Vijayawada MP, Lagadapati Rajagopal, condoled the death.

Recommended for you