ANDHRA PRADESH

Stationery shop gutted

Staff Reporter

VIJAYAWADA: A stationery shop opposite P.B. Siddhartha College was gutted in a fire that broke out early on Tuesday.

Short circuit was believed to have triggered the fire in Excel Stationery Limited around 7 a.m., according to fire official Venkateswara Rao.

He said they reached the spot immediately after receiving the information and brought the fire under control.

But by then, stationery worth about Rs. 10 lakh was reduced to ashes. Stationery worth more than Rs. 20 lakh is stated to be stacked in the shop.

Hyderabad-based K. Ram Mohan Reddy owns the shop. The Fire and Emergency Services Department is yet to ascertain the exact cause of the fire.