Stalker arrested

A youth, who underwent imprisonment for stalking a minor girl, has now morphed the image of the girl's head with a nude body and sent the pictures to his friends.

G. Lakshmana Rao, a B. Sc. Student of Peda Jalaripeta, used to follow a 10 {+t} {+h} class girl of the same area and misbehave with her. On a complaint filed by the girl's father, the accused was arrested and sent to jail in March last year.

Lakshmana Rao came out recently and took a photograph of the girl with his mobile phone. He later morphed her with nude image and sent the photos to his friends, according to Three Town CI P.V. Krishna Varma. He also threatened the girl's father with dire consequences as he nursed a grouse.

On a complaint filed by the victim's father, the Three Town Police seized a computer and cell phone from the accused and took him into custody.

Escapee held

A prisoner, who was among the four who escaped from the Government Hospital for Mental Care recently, was traced at Alipiri in Tirupathi. He was brought to the city and produced before the media on Thursday.

Nagaraju of Dwarapudi in East Godavari was serving a 20-year jail term for murdering a hotel owner. He was admitted to the hospital as was suffering from psychological problems. He and three other prisoners, who were also undergoing treatment, twisted the window grill of their hospital room and escaped recently.

The Three Town Police are on the look out for the other three prisoners.

Held on cheating charge

Aarif Khan, an overseas job consultant, who allegedly cheated gullible youth with the promise of securing jobs for them in South Africa, was arrested by the Two Town Police on Thursday.

The accused reportedly collected Rs.10,000 and above from 100 candidates and was preparing to flee the city when he was taken into custody by the police.

Two Town Police are investigating the case.

Body found

The body of an unidentified man, aged around 30 years, was found at the King George Hospital.

The man, who was wearing an yellow T shirt and green jeans, was suspected to be going to the hospital for treatment when he collapsed on the stairway of the hospital on Wednesday. He was wheatish complexioned and 5.5' tall. The One Town Police registered a case on Thursday.

In a separate case, a 45-year-old man collapsed near Rajkamal Theatre. He was apparently going see a movie when he collapsed and shifted to the KGH where he was declared ‘brought-dead'. Two Town Police are investigating the case.

Recommended for you