ANDHRA PRADESH

Man dies of burns; kin alleges foul play

Staff Reporter

HYDERABAD: Syed Jameel, a video-cameraman who suffered burns aftr an oil lamp fell on him five days ago at Bandlaguda, died on Sunday while undergoing treatment at Osmania General Hospital.

His younger brother, Syed Jaleel, on Monday approached the Chandrayanagutta police alleging that a woman killed Jameel by throwing acid on him when he went to her house. Police said that they got information that the video-cameraman was married but used to visit the woman’s house now and then.

Doctors also reportedly confirmed that the injuries sustained by Jameel were caused by a fire and not acid.

Recommended for you