ANDHRA PRADESH

IIAM gets nod for second shift

Seats to go up to 180

Integral Institute of Advanced Management (IIAM) has got the sanction from AICTE to start one more section in the PGDBM (MBA) stream and a second shift for the course from this academic year. So far the college maintains two sections in the MBA with 60 students in each. With the sanction of one more section the number of seats would increase to 180.

College director B. Parvathiswara Rao said that in the second shift, 120 students can be accommodated. The timing for the second shift would be from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. “This apart, the college also provides 30 part-time seats under the PGDBM programme,” he said.

College secretary S. Ravindra said that from this academic year, the college would be launching the concept of virtual classroom. “Under this concept, students will be able to take part in live and interactive lecture sessions. The sessions will be conducted by senior professors from institutions based in different cities in India and abroad,” he said.

Defining the design of the curriculum in the institution he said: “Ours is an autonomous college and the curriculum is designed to give importance to both internal and external modules.

The external modules take up about 60 per cent of the curriculum and comprise semesters and examinations and the internal modules that cater to the remaining 40 per cent consist of field projects and assignments.”

Tie-up

Prof. Parvathiswara Rao said the institution was tied up with Zig Ziglar Corporation for imparting training and development modules.



  • At present the college maintains two sections
  • The second shift to be from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Recommended for you