ANDHRA PRADESH

Fire in U-Foam company

Staff Reporter

HYDERABAD: A major fire broke out in U-Foam Private Limited at Sanathnagar Industrial Area on Sunday. However, no one was injured in the incident. A passerby, Pandu, noticed flames and alerted the Fire Control Room around 12.15 p.m. Seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire within two hours. More than 30 staffers were working in the company when the fire broke out from a shed and then spread to the adjoining shed damaging material used for preparing pillows, mattresses and mats completely.

“We had a tough time in controlling the fire as thick fumes of smoke engulfed the area. But we took all precautionary measures and prevented flames from spreading to other industries,” said District Fire Officer P. V. Ramana. He said a letter was also written to Cyberabad police requesting them to collect samples from the spot with the help of forensic experts to ascertain the exact reasons for the incident. Efforts are on to find out why workers failed to alert either the police or fire control room immediately after flames erupted. “We received information first from a passer-by and later from the police,” the DFO said. Senior officials of the Fire Services Department charged the firm’s management of ignoring the fire safety measures to be followed.

Recommended for you