ANDHRA PRADESH

Bid to scuttle Satyam probe, says Naidu

Correspondent

VIZIANAGARAM: The Satyam scandal will be taken to its logical end, said Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N. Chandrababu Naidu. Addressing a press conference at Cheepurupalli on Saturday, Mr. Naidu added, “Already the opposition parties represented the issue to the Governor, as the inquiry being done is improper.”

The government intention was to delay the investigation, he felt and cautioned officials against tampering evidence on Sarasa Devi, Suryanarayana, irrigation projects, land dealings, mines and other scams. Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy was busy destroying files and manipulating records on the said scams exposed in the last four years and nine months, he alleged.

Describing CBI as the Congress Bureau of Investigation, Mr. Naidu said that it was unfortunate that the investigating agency that probed the Volkswagen scam gave a clean chit to Minister Botcha Satyanarayana and implicated then APIIC Managing Director L.V. Subrahmanyam. He said that officials’ role was marginal. Remembering Paritala Ravi, TDP MLA, who was killed on this day, Mr. Naidu said that the government ordered CBI inquiry but there was no action so far. Even Moddu Srinu, who wanted to speak out, was eliminated in prison, he added.

He also condemned the attack on Siasat Editor Zahed Ali Khan and three reporters by MIM MLAs.

Recommended for you