Today's Paper

New zonal system gets Centre’s nod

State to have 7 zones, two multi-zones to provide jobs to locals

In a major relief to the State government, the Central government has notified the seven new zones and two multi-zones as envisaged by the State for providing employment to local candidates.

The seven new zones - Kaleshwaram, Basara, Rajanna, Bhadradri, Yadadri, Charminar and Jogulamba and two multi-zones with Multi-zone I comprising Kaleshwaram, Basara, Rajanna and Bhadradri and Multi-zone II comprising Yadadri, Charminar and Jogulamba - will become operational with immediate effect. The Telangana Public Employment (Organisation of Local Cadres and Regulation of Direct Recruitment) Order, 2018 will extend all over the State and will come into force at once, the Central government said in the extra-ordinary gazette issued on Thursday.

Utmost priority

The new zonal system provides for 95% reservation to local category candidates and the residents of 31 newly constituted districts could compete for the remaining 5% posts. The order replaces the earlier district, zonal and State cadres in which there was no provision for reservation to locals in State cadre posts. There was 80% reservation for locals in the district cadre posts, 70% in the zonal cadre posts and 60% in the zonal gazetted cadre posts. The new zonal system is expected to ensure that local candidates are given utmost priority in employment opportunities.

The order would, however, be not applicable to any post in the Secretariat, offices of Heads of Departments, posts of special office or establishment and any post in a State level office or institution. According to the gazette issued by the Centre, Multi-zone I would have Kaleshwaram zone comprising Kumram Bheem Asifabad, Mancherial, Peddapalli, Jayashankar-Bhupalpalli districts, Basara zone with Adilabad, Nirmal, Nizamabad and Jagtial districts, Rajanna zone with Karimnagar, Rajanna-Sircilla, Siddipet, Medak and Kamareddy districts and Bhadradri zone with Kothagudem-Bhadradri, Khammam, Mahbubabad and Warangal Rural and Urban districts.

The Multi-zone II would consist of Yadadri zone with Suryapet, Nalgonda, Bhongir-Yadadri and Kangaon districts, Charminar zone with Medchal-Malkajgiri, Hyderabad, Rangareddy and Sangareddy districts and Jogulamba zone with Vikarabad, Mahbubnagar, Jogulamba-Gadwal, Wanaparthi and Nagarkurnool districts.

In respect of the police department, Multi-zone I would have police districts/commissionerates under Kaleshwaram, Basara, Rajanna and Bhadradri zones and Multi-zone II would cover Yadadri, Charminar and Jogulamba districts.

Recommended for you