Motorsport

Bahrain Grand Prix decision by May 1

A decision over the Bahrain Grand Prix is to be taken by May 1 at the latest, the sport’s governing body FIA said on Tuesday.

The race in the Gulf state, which was to be the season-opener and was due to be held on the weekend, was called off due to political unrest in the region.

At the time it was said that no decision whether the race would be held at a later date had been taken.

FIA has now asked Bahrain race organizers to inform them whether they will be able to organize the race at a later date this year.

The Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on March 27 will now be the season opener.

A letter from the Editor


Dear reader,

We have been keeping you up-to-date with information on the developments in India and the world that have a bearing on our health and wellbeing, our lives and livelihoods, during these difficult times. To enable wide dissemination of news that is in public interest, we have increased the number of articles that can be read free, and extended free trial periods. However, we have a request for those who can afford to subscribe: please do. As we fight disinformation and misinformation, and keep apace with the happenings, we need to commit greater resources to news gathering operations. We promise to deliver quality journalism that stays away from vested interest and political propaganda.

Support Quality Journalism
Related Topics
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jun 2, 2020 12:47:27 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/sport/motorsport/Bahrain-Grand-Prix-decision-by-May-1/article14939300.ece

Next Story