1. President to confer national award to 11 children today
President Droupadi Murmu on Monday will confer the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) 2023 on 11 children for their exceptional achievements.
2. Shah arrives in Andamans on two-day visit
Union Home Minister Amit Shah arrived in Port Blair last night for a two-day visit to Andaman and Nicobar Islands, where he is scheduled to address a public meeting on the occasion of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s 126th birth anniversary, besides taking stock of development activities.
3. Bharat Jodo Yatra to reach Jammu this afternoon
The Bharat Jodo Yatra of the Congress reached Samba in Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday afternoon, after covering 21 kilometres in more than six hours from adjoining Kathua amid heightened security in the wake of twin blasts in Jammu.
4. India’s G20 presidency | B20 meet in Gujarat to deliberate on climate change, innovation
A plenary session for the B20 meeting will be organised at the Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar today in which Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal, Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel and India’s G20 Sherpa Amitabh Kant will take part, the official said.
5. EC to host conference on the use of tech, elections integrity
The Election Commission (EC) will host the second international conference beginning today on ‘use of technology and elections integrity’.
6. SC to hear CBI appeal challenging Bombay HC order granting bail to ex-minister Anil Deshmukh
The Supreme Court is likely to hear the CBI’s appeal challenging the Bombay High Court order granting bail to Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh in a corruption case today.
7. SC to hear plea of journalist Rana Ayyub against summons in money laundering case
The Supreme Court is scheduled to hear the petition of journalist Rana Ayyub challenging the summons issued to her by a special PMLA court in Ghaziabad in a money laundering case lodged against her by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) today.
8. Rajasthan Assembly session to begin today
The Budget Session of the Rajasthan Assembly will begin with Governor Kalraj Mishra’s address at 11 a.m. today.
9. Budget session of Kerala Assembly to begin today
The 33-day long session will begin today with the policy address by Governor Arif Mohammad Khan.
10. Uddhav to address Sena workers on Bal Thackeray’s 97th birth anniversary
Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Sanjay Raut on Sunday said party president Uddhav Thackeray will address the party workers today to mark the 97th birth anniversary of the Sena’s founder Bal Thackeray.
11. Tri-series | Indian women start favourites against West Indies
Hoping for its seniors to return to the playing XI, the Indian team will look to continue the winning run, when it takes on the West Indies in the Women’s T20 Tri-Series match in East London today.