The University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued a list of fake universities in the country.
Across the country, 21 institutions have been listed as fake and not empowered to confer any degree, majority of which are in Delhi followed by Uttar Pradesh.
“At least 21 self-styled, unrecognised institutions which are functioning in contravention of the UGC Act, have been declared as fake universities and these are not empowered to confer any degree,” UGC Secretary Rajnish Jain said.
One institution in Puducherry, Sri Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, has also been included in the list.
The list includes eight institutions in Delhi, followed by four in Uttar Pradesh, and two each in Odisha and West Bengal. One institution in Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh have also been featured.
Fake universities in Delhi
- All India Institute of Public and Physical Health Sciences
- Commercial University Ltd. Daryaganj
- United Nations University
- Vocational University
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Indian Institution of Science and Engineering
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University)
Fake universities in Uttar Pradesh
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Univirsity (open university)
- Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad
Karntaka, Maharashtra, Puduchery, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, West bengal and Kerala also have fake universities on the list.