COVID-19 suspect dies of ‘heart attack’

Family members attempt to attack doctors

A coronavirus suspect, who was admitted in the isolation ward at Government General Hospital (GGH) here, died of heart attack on Monday, following which family members of the deceased attempted to attack the doctors who treated him, accusing them of being negligent.

The 62-year-old was in contact with one retired employee who arrived from New Delhi recently and was admitted in the isolation ward at Makloor.

Of the 10 others who are neighbours of the retired employee and are in the isolation ward in GGH, two would be sent to Gandhi Hospital as their condition is slightly serious, GGH nodal officer J. Tirupati Rao said.

“Probably the patient might have died due to fear. He had no COVID-19 symptoms when he was admitted to the hospital. Blood samples were sent to Pune, and the results are awaited. He was normal, and was not even put on ventilator. Normally, in COVID-19 cases, a patient would be safe for four to five days on ventilator,” said Dr. Rao.

The family members who made a ruckus are also in isolation ward.

A letter from the Editor

Dear reader,

We have been keeping you up-to-date with information on the developments in India and the world that have a bearing on our health and wellbeing, our lives and livelihoods, during these difficult times. To enable wide dissemination of news that is in public interest, we have increased the number of articles that can be read free, and extended free trial periods. However, we have a request for those who can afford to subscribe: please do. As we fight disinformation and misinformation, and keep apace with the happenings, we need to commit greater resources to news gathering operations. We promise to deliver quality journalism that stays away from vested interest and political propaganda.

Support Quality Journalism
Related Topics
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jun 1, 2020 12:00:59 PM |

Next Story