Telangana

Five of a family electrocuted

Five persons of a family were electrocuted when a high tension wire snapped and fell on them at Cheegalagurki village of Vidapanakal mandal in Anantapur district on Friday.

The victims identified as Revanna, his sons Yerri Swamy, Brahmaiah and Veer and grandson Rajasekhar left for the fields in the morning to lay a pipeline for the electric motor, when a high tension wire running through their fields, snapped and fell on them killing them on the spot.

People from the nearby fields rushed them to the hospital where all the five were declared brought dead by the doctors.

Second incident

This is the second such incident of a high tension wire snapping in the recent months killing more than two people according to villagers. A few months ago, an electric cable snapped when the upper portion of a temple chariot got entangled in them at Pedda Vadugur mandal of the district, leading to the deaths of two villagers.

null
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Sep 19, 2020 6:11:39 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/telangana/Five-of-a-family-electrocuted/article11028655.ece

Next Story