Paresh’s father welcomes decision on CBI probe

December 14, 2017 12:48 am | Updated 12:48 am IST - HUBBALLI

Kamalakar Mesta, father of Paresh Mesta who was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Honnavar, has welcomed the State government’s decision to hand over the investigation into his son’s death to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

Mr. Mesta told The Hindu over the phone from Honnavar that he was confident that the CBI investigation would be able to give justice to their family which had lost a teenaged son.

He hoped the CBI would investigate the case thoroughly and bring to book the guilty at the earliest and also ensure them stringent punishment.

Earlier in the day, addressing presspersons in Honnavar, Mr. Mesta accused the police of not being thorough in their investigation.

Charge against Minister

He had alleged that district in-charge Minister R.V. Deshpande and IGP of Western Range Hemant Nimbalkar were “misleading” the people by giving contradictory statements.

Stating that his son neither belonged to any organisation nor was he a BJP activist, Mr. Mesta said his son was just an “18-year-old Hindu youth who had got a tattoo of Shivaji on his hand”.

Mr. Mesta said nothing could compensate the death of his son and that he would return ₹1 lakh given to him by Mr. Deshpande.

Top News Today

Comments

Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.