Will ensure support for Ayodhya temple, says VHP

December 01, 2015 12:00 am | Updated March 24, 2016 01:14 pm IST - KURNOOL:

Viswa Hindu Parishad international president G. Raghava Reddy on Monday said that the NDA government would ensure majority support in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha for building Ram Mandir at Ayodhya.

Mr. Raghava Reddy, VHP South Andhra organising secretary N. Sai Reddy and district secretary A.V. Prasad immersed the ashes of late VHP international working president Ashok Singhal in the Tungabhadra river at Sankalbagh here.

Speaking to reporters, Mr. Reddy said nearly 70 per cent of temple lands in the country have been encroached upon and demanded that the Central and State governments initiate steps to safeguard the remaining 30 per cent of lands. He also wanted the AP and TS governments to disburse funds to smaller temples in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for conducting regular rituals. “The VHP’s efforts to stop religious conversions did not get the desired result,” the VHP leader said. The VHP has also chalked out an action plan to organise ‘Satsangs’ in all temples in AP and Telangana in 2016, he added.

Top News Today

Sign in to unlock member-only benefits!
  • Access 10 free stories every month
  • Save stories to read later
  • Access to comment on every story
  • Sign-up/manage your newsletter subscriptions with a single click
  • Get notified by email for early access to discounts & offers on our products
Sign in


Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.