Andhra Pradesh

Farmer electrocuted

more-in

A farmer, Tumukunta Hanumantharayudu, 58, was electrocuted at Narayanapuram village of Kalyandurg mandal in the district in the early hours of Sunday.

Kalyandurg Rural SI P. Sudhakar said the farmer had gone to his field at 10 p.m. on Saturday for tilling the land with a tractor taken on rent.

He was found dead close to a step-down transformer with a cigarette butt in his hand and burns on his hand and leg.

Suspecting foul play, locals informed the police and Discom officials, who, after examining the body, said it was a death due to electrocution.

“The farmer might have sat near the transformer and lit a cigarette, and accidentally touched the live wires,” the SI said.

The deceased is survived by wife and three daughters.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Related Topics Andhra Pradesh
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Dec 7, 2019 10:44:37 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/farmer-electrocuted/article29872896.ece

Next Story