Goa police is probing the foreign links of Sanatan Sanstha allegedly involved in the Margao blast in which two of its members were killed.
“Some foreigners often visited the ashram at Ramnathi. I have checked with the police. They were not even submitting their C forms to police station,” State Home Minister Ravi Naik told PTI .
Foreigners on tourist visas are required to submit the C forms. “We have found that many foreigners used to visit the place. We need to know what they were doing here,” he said, adding police had tried to get the details of those people but the ashram has no record of them.
Sanatan ashram at Ramnathi has been under the scanner after the blast. Two persons, owing allegiance to the Sanstha, linked to 2008 Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragnya Singh Thakur, were killed in the blast on Friday night. The police has confirmed that IED was used in the blast.
The Sanstha has denied the allegations against it terming them as “baseless.”
Though police has confirmed the arrest of one person in the case, Mr. Naik said formal arrests are yet to be made although some people have been detained.
He said that in the wake of blasts, the foreign links of the ashram have attained importance. “Even yesterday, there were three French nationals staying in the ashram.”
To a question, Mr. Naik said there were no intelligence inputs about the blast. “At least, I was not informed about any inputs.”
Mr. Naik refused to comment on whether the CID had been on the lookout of the main accused in the blast, Malgonda Patil.
The organisation had on October 11 claimed that police were on the look out for Patil.