Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be visiting the United States for the fourth time, since he assumed office in 2014. This is the seventh, and probably last time he will be holding bilateral talks to President Barack Obama, who will demit office after the November elections.
This visit assumes significance as Mr. Modi will be addressing the US Congress for the first time. Eleven years back the Congressional body cancelled his US visa citing Gujarat riots.
- Pay respects to US soldiers at Arlington Cemetery
- Bilateral meeting with President Barack Obama
- USIBC Business leaders summit
- Address to Joint meeting of US Congress
Key takeaways expected
- Closer cooperation on South China Sea, terrorism
- Key defence deals under negotiations
- Concluding foundational agreements including LEMOA (Logistics agreement for use of bases etc)
Nuclear and Renewable energy
- Negotiations on 6 nuclear reactors by Westinghouse in Andhra Pradesh
- India to ratify Climate Change agreement
- US investment in renewable energy programme