International

Yemen’s Houthis release seized S. Korean, Saudi vessels: S. Korea Foreign Ministry

A police trooper stands guard near the Aden port in Aden, Yemen | File

A police trooper stands guard near the Aden port in Aden, Yemen | File   | Photo Credit: REUTERS

more-in

The Houthis had said it would release vessels it had captured if they prove to be South Korean

Three vessels and 16 people, including two South Korean nationals, who had been seized by Yemen's Houthi movement have been released on November 19, South Korea's Foreign Ministry said on November 20.

It consisted of two South Korean vessels and one Saudi Arabia-flagged vessel, and the families of the South Korean nationals have been notified, the ministry said in a statement.

Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthi movement had said on November 19 it would release vessels it had captured if they prove to be South Korean, after it seized a rig being towed by a Saudi tugboat in the southern Red Sea.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jan 21, 2020 8:01:01 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/yemens-houthis-release-seized-s-korean-saudi-vessels-s-korea-foreign-ministry/article30023387.ece

Next Story