International

Egypt confirms first coronavirus case, says affected person is a foreigner

A health worker checks the temperature of a traveller as part of the coronavirus screening procedure at the Kotoka International Airport in Accra, Ghana January 30, 2020.   | Photo Credit: REUTERS

Egypt confirmed on February 14 its first coronavirus case and said the affected person was a foreigner who had been put into isolation in hospital.

The health ministry said in a statement it had immediately informed the World Health Organization (WHO) and had taken all necessary preventative measures. It did not give the nationality of the affected person, or any other details.

WHO Egypt said on Twitter the person was carrying the virus, but had not shown any symptoms and was in a stable condition.

 


Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Oct 17, 2021 4:49:06 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/egypt-confirms-first-coronavirus-case-says-affected-person-is-a-foreigner/article30827474.ece

Next Story