Police clueless over mysterious death of Indian-origin man

In this undated photo provided by the Victorian State Police is three-year-old Gurshan Singh. The body of Singh was found in long grass by the side of the road at Oaklands Junction, a suburb of Melbourne, Australia, on the evening of March 4, 2010, after he was reported missing about six hours earlier. File photo: AP.  

Seeking answers in the mysterious death of an Indian—origin real estate agent, Australian authorities have set up an information caravan asking people to come forward with any clues they can provide.

The body of 61—year old Kewal Dhillon was found with stab wounds under a freeway footbridge in the morning of June 6 after he went on a morning walk.

A week after the incident, investigators are struggling to find answers to the incident and have not ruled out the suicide angle.

Dhillon’s body was found about 10.15 am (local time) with several stab wounds to his upper torso that police believe would not have been fatal. He had no defensive wounds.

A keen walker, Dhillon was found at the base of a footbridge crossing the Eastern Freeway near Carron Street.

Victorian police has set up an information caravan in a bid to find clues in the mysterious death in Balwyn North.

Police is investigating whether he fell or was pushed from the bridge, ‘The Age’ reported today.

The report said that there could be a possibility that Dhillon may have been stabbed at another location and a search operation of the area had failed to locate a weapon.

Forensic accountant to go through his business affairs

According to police, Dhillon was happily married with two kids but a forensic accountant has been appointed to search through his business affairs.

Investigators, who have not ruled out suicide, have released a photo-fit of a man they wish to interview.

He is described as being 170 to 176 centimetres tall, aged 30 to 50 years old with dark skin and curly hair.

The given man was seen in the area by a dog—walker at 7.45 am on the morning of Dhillon’s death.

Police appeal to public

Detective Sergeant Stuart Bailey from the homicide squad urged anyone who may have seen Dhillon or any suspicious activity on the morning he died to contact the police.

“Police are hoping to piece together what happened to Mr Dhillon between the time he left his home around dawn and when he was located,” he said.

Police said there were fewer people than usual out in the area due to cold weather and intermittent rain.

In a statement released at the weekend, Dhillon’s family described their grief as overwhelming.

“We pray that we will all get some answers soon”.

Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Dec 3, 2021 1:38:25 AM |

Next Story