Puducherry

Man electrocuted while hoisting national flag

Abdul Gayoom, 75, a resident of Avvayi Nagar, Lawspet was electrocuted to death while he was trying hoist the national flag in his house on Sunday morning. The flag post came in touch with a live fire through which he suffered an electric shock. He was immediately rushed to JIPMER. But he died at the hospital on Sunday night, police said.


Our code of editorial values

  1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
  2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
  3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
  4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
  5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.

Printable version | Aug 16, 2022 12:14:58 am | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/puducherry/man-electrocuted-while-hoisting-national-flag/article65772555.ece