Mumbai

‘Short circuit caused fire at shopping arcade at Trident Hotel’

The fire that broke out in a showroom on the ground floor of Trident Hotel on Wednesday was caused by a short circuit, the Mumbai Fire Brigade officials said on Thursday.

The fire, which was declared a Level II incident, started at 10.30 pm at Bottega Veneta, an Italian designer showroom in the UTI Shopping Centre at the hotel. No casualties were reported.

Deputy Chief Fire Officer V.N. Panigrahi said, “The fire was caused due to a short circuit in the electric box of the showroom. The fire was brought under control within two hours. Only the wall panelling and exterior glass walls of the shop were damaged.”

Fire officers said the dense smoke took over an hour to subside. “The smoke billowed even after we brought the fire under control. It took us time to ventilate it,” a fire officer from Nariman Point Fire Station said.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Mar 28, 2020 9:09:29 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/mumbai/short-circuit-caused-fire-at-shopping-arcade-at-trident-hotel/article25793186.ece

Next Story