Fire breaks out at industrial estate in Andheri

A fire broke out at Madhu Industrial Estate in Andheri East around 10 a.m. on Tuesday.

The fire broke out in the office of a company called Galaxy on the second floor of the seven-storey building. Initially, four fire engines were sent to the spot but the fire was categorised level III at 11.45 a.m., following which eight fire engines have been deployed.

The fire is confined to electric wiring, installations, office furniture, etc. During fire fighting, a station officer sustained burns on both hands and has been taken to Cooper Hospital.

A letter from the Editor

Dear reader,

We have been keeping you up-to-date with information on the developments in India and the world that have a bearing on our health and wellbeing, our lives and livelihoods, during these difficult times. To enable wide dissemination of news that is in public interest, we have increased the number of articles that can be read free, and extended free trial periods. However, we have a request for those who can afford to subscribe: please do. As we fight disinformation and misinformation, and keep apace with the happenings, we need to commit greater resources to news gathering operations. We promise to deliver quality journalism that stays away from vested interest and political propaganda.

Support Quality Journalism
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jun 3, 2020 10:43:58 AM |

Next Story