Chennai

I opted out of Varmaa: Bala

Bala

Bala  

Accuses E4 Entertainment of giving a false statement

Following the announcement by E4 Entertainment that it had decided to completely re-shoot the film Varmaa with a new director, Bala, who had directed the film, accused it of giving a false statement.

“In order to safeguard my creative freedom, it was my own decision to pull out of the project,” the award-winning director said. He released an agreement, which he said, had been initiated by him with the producers on January 22, 2019 for the same.

E4 Entertainment on Thursday issued a statement saying that it was not at all happy with the final product handed over by Mr. Bala’s B Studios and had decided to re-shoot the entire film.

It also said that it would be retaining Dhruv Vikram as the lead and an announcement on a new director to helm the project would be made soon.

Remake of Telugu film

The film, a remake of the Telugu blockbuster Arjun Reddy, was a launch pad for Dhruv Vikram, son of actor Vikram.

“Considering Dhruv Vikram’s future, I would like to end this here,” Mr. Bala said in his statement.

‘Will not make changes’

A copy of the agreement, which Mr. Bala released, states that the final cut of the film was acceptable to E4 Entertainment and that he was not ready to make any changes.

However, B Studios had no objection if E4 Entertainment wanted to take up the project and make changes to the existing version of the film. Agreeing to hand over film footage, stills and sound tracks, Mr. Bala said in the agreement that his name has to be removed from the project.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Feb 18, 2020 12:38:54 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/i-opted-out-of-varmaa-bala/article26226950.ece

Next Story