6-year-old girl hurt as magic trick fails

A six-year-old girl suffered a bleeding injury on her forehead after a cycle bell landed on her when a magic trick failed at a popular recreational centre in the city’s outskirts on Saturday evening.

The family from East Tambaram visited Choki Dhani, promoted as a Rajasthani ethnic village, in Thandalam village near Sriperumbudur, and entered the room where a magic show was on.

The magician called a group of children onto the stage. Surrounded by the children, the magician flung a huge cycle bell in the air, promising it would come back to the ground as something else.

As everyone in the audience looked up, the cycle bell hit the iron beam of the roof and landed straight on the forehead of the girl, a class I student at a private school in Chitlapakkam.

She suffered a deep cut injury on her forehead and started to bleed profusely. Her parents rushed to her side. They asked for ice cubes, but they were not available.

They placed handkerchiefs around the wound and the staff from the resort helped by bringing cotton and a disinfectant. However, the bleeding stopped only after turmeric, brought by the resort staff from their kitchen, was placed on the girl’s forehead.

On Sunday morning, the girl was taken to a doctor who assured the parents there was no cause for worry. There was no need for sutures and there was no threat of infection, the doctor said.

A spokesperson from the resort said several hundred children visited the place every day and such an incident had occurred there for the first time.

They would ensure such incidents did not occur again, the spokesperson said.

Our code of editorial values

Related Topics
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | May 21, 2022 5:05:41 pm |