Visakhapatnam

House owner bears the brunt

more-in

Owner of the house K. Eswar Rao suffered maximum burns in the blast. Neighbours said that Easwar Rao, brother of former corporator K. Venkat Rao, was trying to play a good Samaritan act when the incident occurred.

Sensing that there was a gas leak, Eswar Rao quickly came down the steps from his residence on the first floor to switch off the electric main switch and direct the residents to move out of the house.

As he entered the house, the cylinder exploded, and he took the major impact.

According to doctors, Eswar Rao is in a critical condition with over 90 per cent burns. He has been shifted to a private hospital for better treatment.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Related Topics Visakhapatnam
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jan 27, 2020 8:20:39 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Visakhapatnam/house-owner-bears-the-brunt/article6676794.ece

Next Story