Two options for name change in passport

Passport applicants who wish to apply for change of name in their passports can submit the gazette notification published by the State or Central governments.

In a press release, S.Lingasamy, Passport Officer, Tiruchi, pointed out hitherto such applicants had to submit newspaper clippings announcing the change of name. Since various State governments have made publication of change of names in gazette, the Ministry of External Affairs have decided to accept either newspaper clippings or the gazette notification.

Mr.Lingasamy disclosed that A.Mohan, Passport Granting Officer at the Tiruchi Regional Passport Office, has been awarded the Passport Puraskar as the best Granting Officer during 2014-15. Mr.Mohan received the award from External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj recently.

Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Aug 11, 2022 6:40:53 am | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Tiruchirapalli/two-options-for-name-change-in-passport/article7381703.ece