Over 30 nursing college students taken ill after consuming hostel food in Karur

Published - February 25, 2024 06:19 pm IST - KARUR

Over 30 students of a private nursing college at Rayanur took ill reportedly due to food poisoning here on Saturday.

Some of them began to feel nausea shortly after they went to bed. Many other students complained of vomiting, headache, and diarrhoea. They were subsequently taken to a private hospital. After the first aid, a few of them were admitted to the Government Medical College Hospital for treatment.

According to sources, the girls reportedly had parotta at the hostel where they were staying. On information, the health authorities visited the college and conducted enquiries.

0 / 0
Sign in to unlock member-only benefits!
  • Access 10 free stories every month
  • Save stories to read later
  • Access to comment on every story
  • Sign-up/manage your newsletter subscriptions with a single click
  • Get notified by email for early access to discounts & offers on our products
Sign in

Comments

Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.

We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.