630 entrepreneurs evince interest in setting up poultry units

So far 630 entrepreneurs have evinced interest in setting up poultry units in Perambalur district in tune with Chief Minister’s thrust to accord fillip to the sector. (On August 3, the government came out with a slew of proposals for poultry development, including setting up of two poultry clusters in Villupuram and Sankarankoil zones covering seven districts, most of them non-poultry regions. It also announced financial assistance of Rs.20.31 crore for setting up farms with a capacity of 1,000-5,000 birds. The plan is to set up 230 poultry farms in each of these districts. Besides, Rs.2.4 crore had been granted for setting up poultry units in 16 districts).

Perambalur district is one among the seven districts and it has been allocated Rs.2.85 crore subsidy for poultry development.

Inaugurating the preliminary works for setting up a poultry unit at Keezhapuliyur on Saturday, Collector Darez Ahamed said that for a 5,000-bird unit the bank loan would be Rs.8.25 lakhs. Once the unit starts functioning, the entrepreneur would get Rs.2,06,250 (the State government’s subsidy of 25 per cent of the project cost).

Besides, once 75 per cent of the loan is settled by the entrepreneur, the remaining 25 per cent would be remitted to the bank by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development through its poultry capital fund.

Selected beneficiaries would be given training by Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University training centres on setting up poultry units, distributing fodder, and identifying and preventing diseases.

Mr.Ahamed pointed out that 630 applications had been received for setting up poultry units in the district and steps had been initiated to establish units for 87 applicants who had space and bank loan. Apart from Keezhapuliyur, construction for eight more poultry units began on Saturday at Ezhumur, K.Pudur, and Murukkangundi villages, the Collector added.

Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Oct 20, 2021 8:09:47 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Tiruchirapalli/630-entrepreneurs-evince-interest-in-setting-up-poultry-units/article15617240.ece

Next Story