Kochi

KURTC bus catches fire

Battery short-circuit caused fire, says probe

A tense situation prevailed in and around Aroor when a Kerala Urban Transport Corporation (KURTC) bus proceeding to Aluva from Turavoor in Alappuzha caught fire here on Wednesday.

According to fire and rescue department, the incident took place near the Aroor church on the National Highway around 8.20 a.m when plumes of thick smoke began to emanate from the engine side. Preliminary investigations attributed the fire to a battery short-circuit.

Fire tenders from Mattancherry, Gandhinagar and Cherthala fire stations took part in the rescue operation.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Mar 31, 2020 3:46:08 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Kochi/kurtc-bus-catches-fire/article22884429.ece

Next Story