Hyderabad

Fire at industrial unit

A major fire broke out at an industrial unit in Kattedan on Wednesday morning due to sparks from wiring.

According to Fire Department officials, the fire at Ashoka Polymers was set off when electric wires, which were entwined outside the unit, caused sparks that resulted in the internal wiring catching fire. Despite taking up fire-fighting immediately, property worth ₹ 50 lakh was said to have been gutted. Fire-fighters took over three hours to put off the blaze.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Apr 7, 2020 4:46:09 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/fire-at-industrial-unit-in-kattedan/article23437303.ece

Next Story