Hyderabad

Fire at cooler making unit

Electrical short-circuit suspected to have caused the blaze

A major fire broke out at an air cooler making unit in Sathamrai in Shamshabad here on Friday. Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames.

Around 3 p.m, the blaze broke out at a two-floor residential building, which was used for making plastic air coolers. There was no loss of life or injury to people working there, said S. Sridhar Reddy, District Fire Officer, Rangareddy. “We suspect electrical short-circuit as the reason,” he said.

He said fire emergency vehicles from various stations, including Madhapur, were rushed to the spot to extinguish the flames.

“As the burning material was plastic, we were unable to control the flames, and we couldn’t go inside due to radiation and heat,” he said.

A letter from the Editor


Dear reader,

We have been keeping you up-to-date with information on the developments in India and the world that have a bearing on our health and wellbeing, our lives and livelihoods, during these difficult times. To enable wide dissemination of news that is in public interest, we have increased the number of articles that can be read free, and extended free trial periods. However, we have a request for those who can afford to subscribe: please do. As we fight disinformation and misinformation, and keep apace with the happenings, we need to commit greater resources to news gathering operations. We promise to deliver quality journalism that stays away from vested interest and political propaganda.

Support Quality Journalism
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | May 22, 2020 8:16:53 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/fire-at-cooler-making-unit/article26156231.ece

Next Story