B.Tech student killed in refrigerator blast


Police suspect short-circuit to be the reason

An engineering student died in a refrigerator blast at her house at Bongloor village near Ibrahimpatnam.

The victim, identified as Kompalli Deepika (18), was studying B. Tech first year at Sri Indu College of Engineering and Technology located in Ibrahimpatnam. Deepika was charred to death in the accident. The exact reason for the blast was not yet known, but the Adibatla police suspect that a short-circuit could be responsible. The accident happened when the girl, who was alone in the house, opened the refrigerator on Thursday afternoon, said Adibatla inspector P Narender. “Locals, hearing the blast, rushed to the spot and doused the flame,” Mr Narender said.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Related Topics Hyderabad
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jan 20, 2020 1:02:23 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/btech-student-killed-in-refrigerator-blast/article25853945.ece

Next Story