Fire breaks out in Uttam Nagar

A fire broke out in a two-storey building in Uttam Nagar’s Mohan Garden on Friday afternoon. No injuries were reported in the incident.

A fire official said a call was made at 1.50 p.m. regarding a fire at a grocery store. Four fire tenders were pressed into service.

“A fire broke out in the grocery store on the ground floor. The fire spread to the first floor, where the owner lives with his family,” the official also said.

The residents vacated the house as soon as the fire broke out. The official said the fire was doused in half an hour but the cooling operation took a few hours. “The area is congested. Therefore, it took a while for the fire tenders to reach but nobody got injured,” he said.

A letter from the Editor

Dear reader,

We have been keeping you up-to-date with information on the developments in India and the world that have a bearing on our health and wellbeing, our lives and livelihoods, during these difficult times. To enable wide dissemination of news that is in public interest, we have increased the number of articles that can be read free, and extended free trial periods. However, we have a request for those who can afford to subscribe: please do. As we fight disinformation and misinformation, and keep apace with the happenings, we need to commit greater resources to news gathering operations. We promise to deliver quality journalism that stays away from vested interest and political propaganda.

Support Quality Journalism
Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jun 5, 2020 6:51:01 AM |

Next Story