The Delhi Police filed a charge sheet before a local court on Wednesday against the driver of an Uber cab in a case of rape of a 27-year-old woman on December 5.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ajay Kumar Malik fixed January 2 as the date for consideration of the charge sheet.
The investigating agency charged Shiv Kumar Yadav, 32, under Sections 376 (rape), 366 (kidnapping), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the IPC . Yadav, who was arrested in Mathura on December 7, refused to undergo a test identification parade, saying the victim had seen his photograph on Uber’s website.
In a separate case against Uber, the police said the taxi service provider had hired Yadav without verifying his background..
Uber rape case
- › Uber employs over 4,000 unverified drivers >Read More
- › Uber drivers: Why punish us for the actions of one man >Read More
- › Petition urging Uber to stop double standards goes viral >Read More
- › Had warned govt. against Uber, claims taxi association >Read More
- › Delhi police questions Uber official >Read More
- › Verification certificate of driver leaves police red-faced >Read More
- › Radio taxis banned. >Read more
- › Media pressure behind Uber ban? >Read more
- › Delhi govt bans Uber taxi operations >Read more
- › Delhi Police file FIR against Uber for cheating >Read more
- › Investigation reveales driver was accused of sexual assault in 2011. >Read more
- › Police arrest the cab driver, criminal action likely against the cab company >Read more
- › Woman raped by cab driver in Delhi >Read more