20-year-old electrocuted

A 20-year-old was electrocuted on Sunday morning in south Delhi’s Mehrauli after coming in contact with a high tension wire on the terrace of his house.

The incident happened when Rajesh, a resident of Chattarpur Extension, was asked by his parents to go to the terrace to check the water tank.

“He climbed up to check the water tank, which is located at a height, and came in direct contact with the wire. He died on the spot,” said a senior police officer.

When he failed to return for a while, his parents tried calling him. When he didn’t answer his phone, they went up to the terrace to check and found him lying on the floor, he added.

“The police were informed around 7 a.m.,” the officer said. Rajesh was taken to a hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. A case has been registered.

Why you should pay for quality journalism - Click to know more

Recommended for you
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Feb 26, 2020 4:36:00 AM |

Next Story