Coimbatore

Indian gaur dies of electrocution at a Ooty estate

An Indian gaur died in a private estate in Kattabettu after it was electrocuted by a severed power line on Sunday morning.

Forest Department officials from the Nilgiris division said the incident happened in Naduhatti beat of Kattabettu forest range, when a branch from a silver oak tree fell on a power line. The animal was said to have come in contact with the loose wire and got electrocuted. A post-mortem would be conducted on Monday, officials said.


Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Sep 12, 2022 3:46:59 pm | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Coimbatore/indian-gaur-dies-of-electrocution-at-a-ooty-estate/article65740905.ece