Business

Now, get online tips on parenting with local flavour

Chennai-headquartered ParentCircle, an English monthly magazine focused on parenting and child development, has taken digital plunge with the launch of its portal www.parentcircle.com that will seek to bring together parents and experts for holistic child development.

Launched by former cricketer V.V.S Lakshman and his wife Sailaja on Tuesday, the online platform has been conceived with a view to address the gaps in providing India-specific contents on parenting and child development. “There are numerous websites on parenting and child development. But majority of its contents have western flavour. Though 80 per cent of contents may be common to all, the remaining 20 per cent needs be tweaked to suit to local community,” said Nalina Ramalakshmi, Founder and Managing Director of ParentCircle, owned by Shri Harini Media, part of the Ramco Group.

“For example, take the case of dating. They way Indian parents deal with it is completely different from the way western parents handle. Also, in education we have different systems such as CBSE, ICSE etc, whereas in the western world education system is different,” she added.

Thus, the portal www.parentcircle.com will focus on proving adaptive contents to facilitate meaningful interactions with its users, while also playing the role of an aggregator in parenting and child development. It will allow users to explore, create, curate and share knowledge and experiences in a multimedia form.

In the initial phase, it will focus on building its base in cities such as Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai and New Delhi though digitally it is a pan-India platform. It has reached out a lot of knowledge partners and experts and has already brought over 50 educational institutions on board. It has set out a target to hit a user base of one million parents in its first year of operations.


Our code of editorial values

This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Oct 17, 2021 3:17:24 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/business/now-get-online-tips-on-parenting-with-local-flavour/article7608356.ece

Next Story