Books

Karan Johar’s wit and one-liners left the at Lit for Life 2018 audience in splits

Karan Johar in conversation with Baradwaj Rangan.   | Photo Credit: R. Ravindran

The Sir Mutha Concert Hall auditorium was packed well ahead of time for the post-lunch session with Karan Johar and Baradwaj Rangan on Day 1 of the fest. Rangan set the tone by asking, “The nation wants to know who you’re sleeping with, but I just want to know, when do you sleep?”

Between Calling Karan, a phone-in show where Johar plays Agony Uncle, an upcoming show where he will discover talent in non-nepotistic ways, and his twins, “I get about five to six hours a day. I have a bucket list of things to do in my life, so I’ll keep doing things. Once I’m done, I’ll sleep more so I can dream more,” Johar said.

On his book, An Unsuitable Boy — Johar calls it a memoir and not an autobiography — Johar said, “I reveal 80% of my life in it. The other 20% is the stuff that can remain in the closet. I don’t believe in an aura of mystery; I love being famous! I think it’s hypocritical to be in an industry like Bollywood and want privacy.”


Our code of editorial values

Related Topics
This article is closed for comments.
Please Email the Editor

Printable version | Jun 19, 2021 10:14:53 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/books/karan-johars-wit-and-one-liners-left-the-at-lit-for-life-2018-audience-in-splits/article22478765.ece

Next Story