: Bangladesh said on Monday it had shelved plans to become the first cricket team to tour Pakistan since a 2009 attack on Sri Lanka’s bus, with the head of the board saying there were fears for players’ safety. “Bangladesh will not visit Pakistan for now,” Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) chief Nazmul Hassan told reporters in the capital Dhaka.

“We’ve made the decision after considering the overall security situation in Pakistan and the concern that our people have expressed over the safety of their players.”

Bangladesh had earlier indicated that it would play a Twenty20 and a one-day on January 12 and 13 respectively, both in Lahore. However officials did say that the decision was subject to a security review. — AFP

More In: SPORT | Today's Paper