A woman was burnt alive in a fire accident that took place at Sanjeevanraopet village in Narayankhed mandal of Medak district late on Wednesday night. More than a dozen goats were also burnt in the mishap. The deceased was identified as Dasari Balamma (60).

According to Narayankhed Sub-Inspector G. Venkateswarlu, three huts in the village caught fire after the residents went out for daily work near the fields. A hut might have caught fire from the fire place used for cooking which later spread to other two huts.

Narayankhed police registered a case and are investigating.