A 27-year-old woman succumbed to burn injuries she had sustained after a kerosene stove caught fire at her house in Tirupattur Taluk police station limits on Wednesday.

According to police, Kaveri, wife of Perumalsamy (30) of Kalavur near Madapalli was cooking on a kerosene stove. The stove suddenly caught fire and it spread all over her body. She was rushed to the government hospital and referred to the Government Vellore Medical College Hospital at Adukkampara.

Following a complaint from her husband, police have registered a case of death due to burning.

More In: TAMIL NADU | NATIONAL