Twins aged around two years died after they accidentally fell into an open water tank in their house late on Tuesday. The deceased were identified as Priyanka and her sister Priyadarshini.
They were to celebrate their second birthday in a couple of weeks.
Their parents had built a small cement tank in front of their house to collect drinking water supplied by the local body.
The children used to play in their neighbour’s place everyday. Late on Tuesday, the victims’ mother and villagers grew suspicious on not finding them anywhere. During a search, they shocked to see them inside the cement tank. They were rushed to a private hospital in Namakkal, where the doctors pronounced them brought dead.
The Mohanur Police said they did not register a case as there was no complaint from the parents. — Staff Reporter